Caution: dangerous curves ahead!
The latest shapewear will help you flaunt what you want and hide what you don’t. Breathable, lightweight fabrics increase the comfort factor year round.
Manage your assets (and your expectations!)
These modern-day miracle workers can sculpt, slim and firm your figure as they smooth out the bumps, navigate your curves and hold you like nothing else can.
But don’t expect the impossible. For the best results follow these simple guidelines.
- Choose the right level of support for the job: light, medium or heavy. (The higher the lycra content, the firmer the support.)
- Size is crucial. Buy a similar size to what you wear in clothing. The last thing you want to do is squeeze too much into too little, resulting in unsightly bulges and spill-over. After all it’s gotta go somewhere! (Not to mention, it’s uncomfortable.)
- Take your outfit with you to buy shapewear so you can try them on together.
Each style of shapewear provides specific results.
For everyday – gentle support garments provide a smooth look under any clothing and can be worn all day.
For special effects – medium to heavier support garments make a dramatic difference for time-specific occasions when you want to impress – such as special events or important first impressions.
The bottom line
Look your best under light coloured or body-hugging pants and skirts with shapers in both regular and hi-waisted styles.
- Regular Panties
- Bicycle-length Panties
- Capri-length Panties
Curb your curves
Look pounds leaner in these sexy, slimming shapers.
- Bodysuits in regular, bicycle-length and capri-length styles.
- Camisoles with spaghetti or wide straps as well as built-in bras.
- Half and full slips in both mini and regular length.
Look for these special features.
- Laser-cut edges which disappear under clothing.
- Silicone waistbands and hemlines that don’t roll or ride up.
- Fewer seams in critical areas improve results.
- Nude and black are the most versatile colours.
- Fashionable details such as lace trims, tattoo embroidery and exotic prints.
Look good – feel good
Think of shapewear as an invisible safety net. You’ll be more aware of your body, will stand taller and carry yourself with confidence.